CAP2U School Library Program
The CAP2U School Library Program is a program through which the Children’s Alopecia Project purchases library books about alopecia and being different and donates the books to school libraries when Jeff speaks at your child’s school. According to parents, librarians, principals and CAP Kids, our CAP2U Library Program benefited children in the following ways:
- By teaching children within the school about alopecia areata, thus answering questions, eliminating uncertainty about the nature and unpredictability of the hair loss disease, and ultimately reducing the potential for bullying.
- By raising awareness about alopecia areata, particularly when children within the school check the books out of the library and take them home to share with their families and friends.
- By building self-esteem in children living with alopecia areata because the donation of books is coming from them, thus bringing them positive attention.
Some of the books donated through the CAP2U Library Program: (As available)
- Because of Anya by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- The Girl with No Hair by Elizabeth Murphy-elas
- Andi’s Choice: The Adventures of Andi O’Malley by Celeste Messer
- It’s Okay To Be Different by Todd Parr
- Mookey the Monkey Gets Over Being Teased by Heather Lonczak
- Introducing Hairietta Hairison: The One, The Only Me by Jo Zumbrunnen
- MADDIE: Teaching Tolerance with a Smile by Sean O’Brien
Please contact us at jeff.woytovich@ChildrensAlopeciaProject.org if you have any questions or if you are interested in having Jeff speak at your child’s school.
www.ALOPECIAPALOOZA2017.eventzilla.net – June 12 to June 15 at Camp Mataponi in Naples, Maine.
This is a camp for kids with alopecia and their siblings and parents. Fun team-building and self-esteem-enhancing activities and informative, supportive workshops are provided for the whole family.
CAP Kid Connections Program & Directory
CAP2U Tours around the country in CAP Kid Schools
CAP Kid Camps held in California, Texas, Ohio and North Carolina
Do you wish that your CAP Kid knew another child with alopecia? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.