CAP Kid Library Program
The CAP Kid Library Program is a program through which the Children’s Alopecia Project purchases library books about alopecia and being different for any CAP kid interested in donating books to their school library. According to parents, librarians, principals and CAP Kids, our Library Program benefited children in the following ways:
- By teaching children within the school about alopecia areata, thus answering questions, eliminating uncertainty about the nature and unpredictability of the hair loss disease, and ultimately reducing the potential for bullying.
- By raising awareness about alopecia areata, particularly when children within the school check the books out of the library and take them home to share with their families and friends.
- By building self-esteem in children living with alopecia areata because the donation of books is coming from them, thus bringing them positive attention.
The following books are donated through the CAP Kid Library Program: (As available)
- Because of Anya by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- The Girl with No Hair by Elizabeth Murphy-elas
- Andi’s Choice: The Adventures of Andi O’Malley by Celeste Messer
- It’s Okay To Be Different by Todd Parr
- Mookey the Monkey Gets Over Being Teased by Heather Lonczak
- Introducing Hairietta Hairison: The One, The Only Me by Jo Zumbrunnen
- MADDIE: Teaching Tolerance with a Smile by Sean O’Brien
The books will be shipped to you, and you can arrange with your principal or librarian to formally or informally present the books to the school library. We will send along some brochures about CAP and alopecia and would love if your librarian would display the books and brochures for a week or so to raise awareness. We also ask that you take lots of pictures and share with us any feedback that you receive about the program.
Please contact us at jeff.woytovich@ChildrensAlopeciaProject.org if you have any questions or if you are interested in participating in the CAP Kid Library program.
ALOPECIAPALOOZA will be held at the South Point Hotel Casino & Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada. Alopeciapalooza starts on Monday, July 11, 2016 to Thursday, July 14, 2016.
This is a camp for kids with alopecia and their siblings and parents. Fun team-building and self-esteem-enhancing activities and informative, supportive workshops are provided for the whole family.
Join us by visiting www.ALOPECIAPALOOZA.eventzilla.net
CAP Kid Connections Program & Directory
CAP2U Tours around the country in CAP Kid Schools
CAP Kid Camps held in California, Texas, Ohio and North Carolina
Do you wish that your CAP Kid knew another child with alopecia? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.