Pay online at https://itrulycare.com/events/alopeciapalooza-2014 or mail payment with completed 2014 Registration Forms
Registration Form - https://app.box.com/s/749k1eottmfecil547sn
If paying online you still must fill out and mail registration forms to CAP - PO Box 6036, Wyomissing, PA 19610 or email email@example.com.
The CAP Kid Library Program is a program through which the Children’s Alopecia Project purchases library books about alopecia and being different for any CAP kid interested in donating books to their school library. Approximately 100 CAP Kids have participated in this program and proudly donated books to their own school libraries. According to parents, librarians, principals and CAP Kids, our Library Program benefited children in the following ways:
1. By teaching children within the school about alopecia areata, thus answering questions, eliminating uncertainty about the nature and unpredictability of the hair loss disease, and ultimately reducing the potential for bullying.
2. By raising awareness about alopecia areata, particularly when children within the school check the books out of the library and take them home to share with their families and friends.
3. By building self-esteem in children living with alopecia areata because the donation of books is coming from them, thus bringing them positive attention.
The following books are donated through the CAP Kid Library Program:
• Because of Anya by Margaret Peterson Haddix
• The Girl with No Hair by Elizabeth Murphy-elas
• Andi’s Choice: The Adventures of Andi O’Malley by Celeste Messer
• It’s Okay To Be Different by Todd Parr
• Mookey the Monkey Gets Over Being Teased by Heather Lonczak
• Introducing Hairietta Hairison: The One, The Only Me by Jo Zumbrunnen
• MADDIE: Teaching Tolerance with a Smile by Sean O'Brien
The books will be shipped to you, and you can arrange with your principal or librarian to formally or informally present the books to the school library. We will send along some brochures about CAP and alopecia and would love if your librarian would display the books and brochures for a week or so to raise awareness. We also ask that you take lots of pictures and share with us any feedback that you receive about the program. Please contact Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you are interested in participating in the CAP Kid Library program.